- Is Gastar publicly traded?
- Yes, Gastar is listed on the NYSE American Exchange under the symbol GST.
- Where can I obtain a current market quote?
- Our updated stock quote and stock chart are available on the Stock Information page on this web site.
- Who Is Gastar's transfer agent?
- Gastar's transfer agent is;
American Stock Transfer & Trust Company
10150 Mallard Creek Road, Suite 307
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
- What is unconventional gas production?
- Unconventional gas production is gas that is produced from tight sands, shales and coalbed methane.
- Why is it considered unconventional?
- Technological advances in both drilling, fracturing and completion technologies have recently allowed the exploitation of natural gas reserves found in these tight sands, shales and coal beds. Prior to the new technologies, production from these sources was not successful, or it was uneconomic to develop.
- Is there potential for growth in the exploration of unconventional sources?
- It is estimated that by the year 2025, 43% of the U.S. natural gas supply will come from unconventional sources. All other sources are expected to decline or stay constant over that same time period.
- What is the outlook for natural gas demand?
- According to the US Department of Energy, natural gas consumption is projected to increase from 2002 through 2025 largely due to the increase in natural gas fired power plants. For more information on the future forecasts for natural gas, visit the following link on the DOE's website: www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/petgas.html.